Please note that at present, there is no toenail reconstruction gel on the market that treats or cures fungal toenail infections. Please click here for fungal toenail treatment.
What is Wilde-Pedique?
Wilde- Pedique is a type of Light Concept Nail (LCN). It is free from harmful chemicals that damage nails and is an elastic UV gel which sets when exposed to UV- A light. Wilde- Pedique was specially developed for toenail reconstructions. The gel resin has the ability to bond to a surface, add strength and harden with a glossy finish, whilst adapting to the movements of the toe due to its flexibility.
Wilde- Pedique once applied and cured, will essentially look like a normal toenail. It is an ideal solution for those clients who are looking for a cosmetically pleasing look for fungal, damaged or unsightly nails without harmful toxins, providing the best possible chance of normal healthy nail growth.
How long does it last?
Wilde- Pedique is not a permanent solution.
The length of time that the Wilde- Pedique toenail will last varies from person to person. The average length of time is approximately 6-8 weeks and the reconstructed toenail is then removed and replaced with the specialist gel. However, this is highly dependent on how well the client looks after the reconstruction after it has been applied by the Foot Health Practitioner. You will be provided with after care instructions to support the longevity of the reconstruction.
Can I paint my nails afterwards?
Yes, the toenail can be painted as normal using regular nail polish. We do not recommend using gel, shellac or acrylic type products on the toenail reconstruction.
Can Wilde- Pedique be harmful?
No, with Wilde- Pedique there is:
- No odour.
- No discolouration: Once the gel has been under a UV-A light for approximately 2 minutes, the material is completely set and will not alter.
- No primer or chemical activator: LCN gels do not use aggressive acidic primers which can damage the natural nail plate.
- No damage to the natural nail: As the gel cures to a flexible surface, it will not damage or hinder natural nail growth.
- No concern of moisture or air penetrating the gel. Therefore, fungal nails can be covered which help prevents further spread or development of infection.
Wilde- Pedique contains Piroctone Olamine, a slow-release anti-fungal agent, and Micro Silver which is well known for its healing and anti-microbial properties. This means that it will help prevent the fungal infection spreading to other nails whilst it is worn. Wilde- Pedique does NOT treat or cure fungal toenail infections.
Wilde- Pedique is suitable for:
- Men and women.
- Patients with thickened toenails.
- Patients with fungal toenails.
- Patients with traumatised toenails.
- Patients with psoriatic toenails.
- Patients with yellow, discoloured nails.
- Patients with vitamin deficiencies and dry, brittle nails.
- Those recovering from chemotherapy.
- Diabetic patients.
- Pregnant women.
Clients often present with less than perfect toe nails and are embarrassed by how their nails look. At Sheridan Foot Health, we can enhance their appearance, replace bits that are missing and give you pride in your feet again.
Contact the team on 02392 388149 or 07795 522700 for a consultation and treatment.