Following Government guidance from 12/05/2020 and for the second national lockdown from 5/11/20, we are able to resume our clinics and home visiting service with PPE, maintaining a Covid safe environment, temperature checks, asking all clients to wear face coverings and following social distancing.
Sheridan Foot Health are very much aware and understand concern about Covid-19. We are monitoring the development daily and are actively taking guidance from the NHS, , Government Business Guidance and expert advice by the Chief Medical Officer, Public Health England.
As a foot healthcare practice we already undertake and follow thorough cleaning and hygiene standards in line with FHP and NHS guidelines.
So what are the new steps we are taking?
- All staff are temperature checked at the start of their working day.
- All clients will be telephone screened prior to their appointment. Clients with any symptoms or in contact with anyone who has will not be able to attend until the isolation period has been completed/symptoms are no longer present.
- Clients are required to wear a mask throughout contact with our clinics. A mask can be provided to you at cost price.
- Where possible, only one person at a time should attend their appointment.
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment, or a few minutes prior.
- Our practitioners and receptionist will be in PPE.
- You will have your temperature checked on arrival.
- We will continue to clean the clinical area, podiatry chair, reception chairs, door handles, card machines, surfaces, before and after each client. We have also allowed additional time between client appointments.
- All clients must wash their hands with soap and water on arrival and will be given hand gel before departing the premises.
- Additional cleaning measures are in place.
- We are also being extra cautious in terms of staff showing any symptoms: isolating where necessary and going over and above the advice from government and the WHO. We are checking the following NHS 111 Covid-19 online information page daily: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
At our Portchester clinic we have: a protective screen at our reception desk, a new one way system which is clearly sign posted, designated separate waiting areas, social distancing markers throughout our clinic.
At our Locks Heath clinic we have: designated waiting space, social distancing markers in the treatment area.
Finally, we’re in constant contact with all relevant authorities to make sure that we continue to do everything we can.
In return, we ask that you please do not attend your appointment if you feel unwell and that you continue to follow government guidelines within our clinic and at home.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 02392388149/07795522700 should you wish to speak to a member of the team directly.